Monday, June 22, 2009

Two Snap Shots.....

From CJ
Question: Why are you a crime/mystery/thriller writer and reader?





Dedication from WARNING SIGNS:
This book is for Jeff,
lost too early,
but still an inspiration and never forgotten.






About CJ:
As a pediatric ER doctor, CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge suspense novels. Her debut, LIFELINES (Berkley, March 2008), became a National Bestseller and Publishers Weekly proclaimed it a "breathtakingly fast-paced medical thriller."

The second in the series, WARNING SIGNS, was released January, 2009 and the third, URGENT CARE, is due out October, 2009. Contact her at http://www.cjlyons.net



9 comments:

Kelli Stanley said...

CJ, thanks for letting us know about the injustice that spurred you into becoming the wonderful writer you are.

Very moving story. I wish it were far less common.

xoxo

Kelli

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Kelli!

I debated whether or not to post, but we promised to answer all questions truthfully, so figured I'd let the pictures speak for themselves.....

Kelli Stanley said...

I'm glad you did, sweetie. I think many of us are motivated by the desire to exact redress and justice in the only way we can--through our books.

xoxo

Shane Gericke said...

I'm glad you decided to post this, too, CJ. It's heartrending. And it's good to let readers know why we do the things we do ... to fight such injustices in our world.

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Shane!

Before Jeff's death, I wrote SF/F...but after I couldn't shake my need to write something where justice was served.

It was my writing that saved me from the grief and pain...guess I really would need a 12 step program to stop!

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Thanks for sharing, CJ. Life just plain hurts sometimes. I'm sorry for your loss, and for ours.

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Becky!

Jen said...

It's always amazing to me to hear stories behind the stories like this. It makes connecting with a book much more intense, I think. Thanks for giving me a peek inside, CJ.

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Jen!