Monday, September 7, 2009

Some Enchanted Evening...

From CJ

Which three characters would you invite to dinner? What would be on the menu and what would you discuss?

Hehehe, CJ "no rules" here and I'm noting the question said "characters", so I'm gonna have some fun.  Here's my plan for a perfect evening.

Of course, any perfect dinner needs gourmet food so I'm inviting Archie Goodwin, as played by Timothy Hutton (who somehow gets cuter as he ages, how does he do that?) so that he'll not only supply witty conversation, but will bring Nero along to cook our delicious repast.

In fact, since Nero hates to travel and hates for Archie to leave his brownstone, let's just have the dinner there!

Ha--no cleaning or prep work for this hostess, not with Fritz around! See and you all were wondering how I'd get around that "worst housekeeper of the year" thing!

Only draw back is now I actually have to find real clothes to wear--no shorts and Tevas, sigh....and I guess I'll have to put on makeup, ugh.....oh well, the guests will be worth it.

Because we'll have Archie on my left hand, then arrayed at the foot of the table will be James Bond--or three of his incarnations: Sean Connery flanked by Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. We'll let Pierce and Sean do most of the talking, just let those accents fill the air like a good single malt. (And hey, it would be really cool if someday some other hunks like Russell Crowe or Gerard Butler got to play 007--heck, why not just pretend that day's already happened and add them to the mix?)

Oh, and at my right hand side? Elmore Leonard's hapless bank robber from Out of Sight, Jack Foley, as played by.....drum roll, please, George Clooney.

What would be on the menu? Who cares--whatever Nero concocts is fine by me.

What would we talk about? Well, me, of course!

"CJ, your work as an ER doc so inspired me, I just had to take that role in ER."

Batting fake lashes winningly, "George, you're too kind. Shall we leave the others and go up to the roof to admire the orchids?"

Good thing Nero has that spare bedroom, noted for its privacy....

Okay, ladies and gents, lets have some fun here! Who's your fictional fantasy hook-up?

Have fun!
CJ

About CJ:
As a pediatric ER doctor, CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge suspense novels. Her debut, LIFELINES (Berkley, March 2008), became a National Bestseller and Publishers Weekly proclaimed it a "breathtakingly fast-paced medical thriller."

The second in the series, WARNING SIGNS, was released January, 2009 and the third, URGENT CARE, is due out October, 2009. Contact her at http://www.cjlyons.net



11 comments:

♥Jen♥ said...

Oh my God! Too funny CJ!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this question. I also love the idea of the men from Europe doing all the talking. I dig those accents, too. Very sexy!! And while I adore Russell Crowe, you might want to remove anything expensive and breakable from the room! ;) Enjoy that dinner, girl!

CJ Lyons said...

LOL! Hey, but it's not my house, right? So ole Russ can do what he likes--as long as no one gets hurt, it's all fun.

Figure it's a holiday, might as well have some fun!

PK the Bookeemonster said...

While a night like yours would be wonderful and drool-worthy, I will propose an evening of stimulating conversation and girl talk. I read a lot of historical mysteries so I will invite Eleanor of Aquitaine and Elizabeth I. We won't have a formal sit down dinner but lots of lovely finger food, catered of course. I would love to see those two powerful, strong-minded women in one room.

CJ Lyons said...

Cool, PK--maybe add Ariana Franklin's character Dr. Vesuvia Adelia Rachel Ortese Aguilar to the mix?

Wow, to listen in on that conversation!

Thanks for stopping by on a holiday!

Leslie said...

CJ,

I can't quibble with your choice of attendees... any room for me at the table?

Maybe I'll just ask Nero for an encore and have everyone stay over for another night... you're welcome to join the second night, but I'll have the market cornered on batting eyelashes at George ;-)

BTW, I have a copy of the Nero Wolfe cookbook. Some interesting dishes! I'll have to dig that out again.

CJ Lyons said...

Leslie, you can have them for the second night--can't promise what kind of shape they'll be in, lol!

I have the cookbook as well--found it at a yard sale when I was a starving medical student and actually made a few of the recipes for dinner dates.

Hmmm...you're right, I should dig that out and try some of those again, they were great hits with the guys!

Rebecca Cantrell said...

I knew you could work in Clooney! He was also the detective in The Good German, if you need another excuse to invite him (not that you do, of course).

I like the idea of inviting all the Bonds, and anyone who would make a good Bond.

Just make sure that nothing compromising ends up on YouTube or Facebook and have a blast!

CJ Lyons said...

Thanks, Becky! Hmmm...who else would make a good future Bond???

Maybe a fun topic for another time!

Sophie Littlefield said...

CJ, I had no idea you were such a bad girl!! My, my, my. I am surprised you left our friend George (F., not Clooney) off the list considering how much fun we had the last time we all had dinner together...

CJ Lyons said...

LOL! He's married, Sophie--but you're right, tons of fun to have at a dinner party!

Kelli Stanley said...

CJ, as always, impeccable taste!!! :)I'd suggest, though, that you specify the "Gladiator" era Russell--whom we will hopefully ogle again in the upcoming Robin Hood--rather than character actor Russell aka State of Play. :)

Of course, you might be too busy with Clooney to notice ... ;)

xoxo