Monday, November 2, 2009

You have the right to an attorney....






What fictional lawyer would you hire to defend you if you ever get caught?


When I was young I enjoyed the Perry Mason novels, but honestly I don't think I'd want him to defend me. He's never lost a case…yet.  Which makes me worried that he's too comfortable.  If I'm ever in trouble, I want a lawyer who's hungry, who has as much to loose as I do.

Someone who will go the extra mile.

Forget about Matlock or any of the guys from LA Law or Boston Legal.

If I'm ever in trouble and need a lawyer, I want Paul Levine's Steve Solomon and Victoria Lord on my side.

First, Solomon is passionate about his cases.  He doesn't care what he looks like or if he's sanctioned or threatened with jail, as long as he gets his client off.  And Victoria Lord applies her sharp legal mind to their cases—both to keep the client out of jail as well as Solomon.

Second, they seem like fun people to hang out with—and if I'm in trouble, I'm going to need all the cheering up I can get.

Third, Paul Levine is a Penn State alum and Nittany Lion fan!  Who could ask for more in their "Dream Team"???

Now, here's the real question….what kind of crime would a little ole pediatrician from Pennsylvania like me be charged with?

Thanks for reading!
CJ











About CJ:
As a pediatric ER doctor, CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge suspense novels. Her debut, LIFELINES (Berkley, March 2008), became a National Bestseller and Publishers Weekly proclaimed it a "breathtakingly fast-paced medical thriller."

The second in the series, WARNING SIGNS, was released January, 2009 and the third, URGENT CARE, is due out October, 2009. Contact her at http://www.cjlyons.net




5 comments:

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Play that innocent pediatrician card,CJ! I can almost see the eyelashes batting from here. ;)

Which one of us murdered someone with a surfboard?

There is no telling what pediatricians get up to. They are far too clever to get caught..

Jen Forbus said...

Ah yes, I've often had people say in reference to me, "it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for." La de da da da....

But, if I ever get caught...I mean if I ever do anything that gets me in trouble...I think I would really like to call on Atticus Finch. I know he didn't win the big case, but damn he sure proved it! And with such grace and civility! I just can't imagine anyone greater in the courtroom.

CJ Lyons said...

Becky, hehehehe....

Jen, smack to the head, should've thought of Atticus, he's my hero in so many ways! But really, if I'm dumb enough to get caught, do I deserve him?

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I dunno ... Levine is entertaining from a distance but if I had to have a lawyer -- meaning either life or death or big bucks were at stake, I don't know if I'd have the patience for the wisecracking. You're a brave woman. :)

Gabi said...

I think we might be sharing a brain.