Friday, February 26, 2010

I'd Write in Silly Underwear ...

Today's question:
Where would you want to write?
















By Shane, with apologies to Dr. Seuss


Yes! I would write in a box.
Yes! I'd write with chickenpox.
Yes! I will write anywhere.
Yes! With verve and flash and flair.

I'd write in England, London, France.
I'd write in lacy underpants.
I'd write till ink ran from my nose.
I'd write in leather lederhose.

I'd drive to Texas, cowboy up.
I'd drink absinthe till I threw up.
I'd shed my clothes at nudist camp.
If I could write while wearing lamp.

I'd write while eating eggs of green,
While Pop is hopping on my spleen.
I'd write while petting that big cat,
Who wears the funny little hat.

I'd write in cabins big and small.
I'd write at gargantuan mall.
I'd write a romance very brave.
I'd write a book and name it Dave.

I'd write at North Pole, freezing ass.
I'd write buried in succotash.
I'd climb a mountain, run a hill.
I'd write while planting daffodils.

Yes! I would, I'd write in Hell.
I'd write prose with stink and smell.
The Devil'd kick me out tuite quicks.
So I'd go write with gnarly chicks.

I'd write in Maine and Pakistan.
I'd write inside a coffee can.
I'd visit lower Khazikstan.
And write while shouting "Ay, kazam!"

I'd write inside a missile cone.
I'd write while hearing lovers moan.
I'd write while choking on a bone,
And telling medics, "Hold the phone ..."

Yes! I'd write while cooking ham.
Yes! I'd write deleting spam.
Yes! I write with flim nor flam.
And that's because ...


I'm Shane I Am.





11 comments:

Paula Matter said...

Bravo, Shane, bravo!

Sophie Littlefield said...

I think that was my favorite post of yours ever!! Wonderful!

Shane Gericke said...

Aw,thanks, guys. It was a lot of fun to do. Besides, I always wanted to write inside a coffee can ...

Terry said...

That was so much fun!
Well done!
I feel like a kid again!

Hard Boiled Mysti said...

Thank you for a Friday smile!

Shane Gericke said...

My pleasure. Dr. Seuss was one of the most gifted writers EVER, don't you think? I still love reading his stuff.

jilljames said...

That was awesome. A cheerful way to go into the weekend.

Shane Gericke said...

Thanks, Jill, and everyone. Twas a fun way to slide into the weekend!

Kelli Stanley said...

OMG, Shane--that was brilliant and wonderful!!!! :)

Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful--and dare I say immortal? ode!!!! :)

xoxo

Dorte H said...

Oh, I´ll have to share this one with my daughter! Thank you!

Kaye Barley said...

Oh this was a joy!! thanks, Shane!