Friday, May 28, 2010

Cause That's How I Roll, Baby

By Shane

If I was at rich as Scrooge McDuck ...



... as King Midas ...



... as Donald Trump ...



... and Bruce Wayne put together ...




... yes, I would still write ...


... because as long as there are heroes to admire ...


... genuinely rotten people to defeat ...



... dramas to unfurl ...


... laffs to let out ...



... and cries to make the world weepy ...



... I cannot help myself. I will write. I must write. No matter how high the obstacles, no matter small the prize, I ... will ... write ...


... because that's how I roll, baby.




Happy Friday.








11 comments:

cassandrajade said...

Okay that is an awesome collection of clips. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Shane Gericke said...

Thanks, cassandrajade. Whoever thought up YouTube should win the Nobel Prize for Coolness!

Meredith Cole said...

Wow! An all video blog. I'm speechless with admiration. Glad you won't be giving up writing when you hit it big...

Shane Gericke said...

Thanks, Meredith. I love video. But I can't live without writing, so that will continue in force. Which may or may not be good news, dear readers, depending on how you roll :-)

Terry Stonecrop said...

I like the way you roll! Fun videos. Happy Friday to you too.

Shane Gericke said...

Thanks, Terry, and likewise!

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Funny stuff, Shane!

Have a great long weekend, filled with YouTube and Cheese Whiz!

Gabi said...

Is it just me or do Scrooge McDuck and Donald Trump have the same barber? Is that sufficient information to draw a causal connection between bad hair and cosmic accounting?

Shane Gericke said...

I dunno, Gabi, but anything that lets me make a comparison between Donald Trump and dickweeds works for me.

And Rebecca, Cheez Whiz for everyone! Try it barbecued for Memorial Day ...

Shane Gericke said...

And Happy Memorial Day to all of you, especially my pals here on CM. Former The Seven, but as you've seen, we've grown to, what, 11 or 12 by now? Plus guest commentators? Love it!

Kelli Stanley said...

Wow, what a wonderful ride, darlin' Shane--thank you!! :)

And Happy Memorial Day to you, too!!

I'll probably watch The Longest Day again ... one of the best movies ever made about D-Day.

xoxo

Kelli