Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bouchercon by the Bay!

Pity the poor writer. I know a whole weekend of parties, dinners, bar hopping, book selling, talking, moderating, paneling, nail-biting (during awards ceremonies), catching up with friends, agents, editors, etc. may seem like a giant vacation ... but it's still a lot of work, and takes a lot of preparation! And this week--starting today--is the biggest, best, and mostest convention of them all, Bouchercon--right in my own city of San Francisco.

When this posts on Thursday, I'll be summoning my inner Energizer bunny--my day starts at 8:30 in the hotel and will officially end at about 11 PM in North Beach with Subterranean Noir, and in between I've got panels, signings, parties and everything else. Y' see, writers live these kind of two-headed lives, where we hole up in front of our computers for months on end, and then go hog-wild crazy at conferences.

All this, by the way, is a preamble to explain why I'm leaving you with a couple of videos this week, instead of actually being clever ... the truth of the matter is that my brain is already in the red zone in terms of overload, and as I type, I've still got a bunch of stuff to do to prepare for Bouchercon.

I hope if you haven't actually experienced one of these conventions that you get a chance to do so one day ... and if you have, and are in San Francisco at Bouchercon 2010--please stop by and say hi to one or more of the Criminal Minds--we'll be there in force!

And now, I'll leave you with some entertainment--snippets of some favorite noir ... enjoy!










No comments: