Monday, January 3, 2011

LETTING MY INNER REBEL LOOSE

We have an interesting challenge this week. We’re supposed to take a picture and tell what’s happening from two totally different viewpoints, much like witness statements. Or Rashomon. Not gonna happen. Not today. Instead I’m letting my inner rebel loose to talk about something completely different. Hopefully, my fellow Criminal Minds won’t cyber-smack me around too much. They can be a pretty violent bunch, as you probably already know from reading their blog posts and their books.

Why, you may ask, am I daring to rock the blogging boat? It’s because
Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun, my latest book is about to be released -- officially. Actually, the book has been available on Amazon and at B&N for nearly a month and is probably already on bookstore shelves, but January 8th is the official release date. And since I don’t get to blog again for another two weeks, I’m taking this opportunity to pimp my book. Do you blame me? Well, even if you do, I’m pimping away.

So let me tell you a little about
Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun. It’s the first book in the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries and is being published by Midnight Ink.

When magazine craft editor Anastasia Pollack's husband permanently cashes in his chips at a roulette table in Las Vegas, her comfortable middle-class life craps out. Suddenly, she’s juggling two teenage sons, a mountain of debt, a communist mother-in-law, AND her dead husband’s loan shark. And that’s before she becomes the prime suspect in the murder of a coworker she discovers hot glued to her office chair. Anastasia now must add reluctant amateur sleuth to her job description in order to clear her name.

Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun received starred reviews from both Publishers Weekly and Booklist. PW said, “Crafty cozies don't get any better than this hilarious confection,” and Booklist stated, “Winston has hit a home run with this hilarious, laugh-until-your-sides-hurt tale. Oddball characters, uproariously funny situations, and a heroine with a strong sense of irony will delight fans of Janet Evanovich….” Kirkus Reviews called it, “North Jersey’s more mature answer to Stephanie Plum.”

If you’d like to read the first chapter of
Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun, you can find it at my website. And by the way, as if Anastasia weren’t busy enough, she and her fellow editors blog at Killer Crafts & Crafty Killers.

In celebration of the release of Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun, I’m doing a blog tour throughout January. You can find the schedule at my website and at Anastasia’s blog. Everyone who posts a comment to any of the blogs during the tour will be entered into a drawing to receive one of 5 copies I’m giving away.

Okay, my blatant self-promotion is finished. I’m now going into hiding to escape the wrath of certain Criminal Minds.

6 comments:

Meredith Cole said...

Congrats on your book, Lois! Hope your launch goes wonderfully. No smacking around from me, that's for sure...

Lois Winston said...

Thanks, Meredith! Always good to know when someone doesn't want to smack me!

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Congratulations on your launch! I hope Anastasia has a fantastic day.

Lois Winston said...

Thanks, Rebecca! Given the troubles I've heaped on Anastasia, she can sure use a fantastic day!
:-)

Shane Gericke said...

You know, you could assaulted someone with a deadly glue gun for real and got arrested and be taken to jail and have your mug shot taken and post that photo and THEN we could have Roshomoned the whole thing!

And congrats on your launch. May you sell zillions.

Lois Winston said...

Thanks, Shane, but I'll pass. I hear there's lice in most jail cells, and I don't like creepy crawly things that bite.