Monday, March 28, 2011

GAMES I DON'T LIKE TO PLAY

There’s a killer on the other side of my bathroom door? Unless there’s a cop handcuffing him, I’m in deep doo-doo. You see, I don’t have locks on my bathroom doors. So there’s nothing stopping that killer from entering the bathroom and making me his next victim.


I suppose if he didn’t know I was in the downstairs bathroom, I might be able to climb out the window to escape. Upstairs bathroom? You might as well start planning my funeral now. There are no windows in my upstairs bathroom.

My only other chance would be if I happened to have my cell phone in my pocket. Maybe I could call 911 and keep the killer from killing me until the cops arrived. Slim odds at best but better than no odds at all.

The more I think about today’s topic, the more rattled I get. And you know what? I don’t think I like playing this particular game. I quit. Someone else can have a turn.

Lois Winston is generally not a quitter, but when the odds are stacked against her, she’ll high tail it out of Dodge. Visit her at
www.loiswinston.com or her alter ego amateur sleuth at www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com .

2 comments:

Michael Wiley said...

It seems to me that the best answer in this kind of situation is to tell the killer to wait his or her turn, like everyone else in the house. You'll be done in a moment, just need to wash your hands. A little patience couldn't hurt.

Lois Winston said...

LOL! Good one, Michael. I guess I just have to hope he's a patient killer.