Monday, April 4, 2011

Hi...Come here often?

I admit this week's question has caused me considerable angst. The question should be a relatively simple one to answer: "What's the best pick up line your protag has used/heard?" Considering my protag, Alex, is in an off-again-on-again relationship with a French vampire there has to be something I can use. Right?


Wrong.


And here's way: Alex and Varik (her main squeeze when she isn't wanting to squeeze his head or other body parts between a vice) were partners--as in law enforcement--for several years before they began dating. Varik was actually Alex's mentor when she left the FBPI* Academy. So there wasn't any "pick up line" that initiated their relationship.


With that in mind, I decided to offer a selection of cheesy pick up lines modified for those times when you might encounter a vampire, werewolf, demon/fallen angel, or zombie, you think may make for a fun time:


Vampires "I'm not drunk, I'm just intoxicated by you." "Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?" "If it weren't for that DAMNED sun, you'd be the hottest thing ever created." "Do you have any sunscreen? 'Cause you are burning me up!" "My coffin or yours?"


Werewolves (Bite him/her) "Sorry, taking a bite out of crime. It has to be illegal to look that good!" (Could also work for vampires or zombies) "Wanna play a game? You can be Little Red Riding Hood and I’ll be the Big Bad Wolf." "I give a whole new meaning to ‘Animal Attraction’."


Demons/Fallen Angels "Are you lost ma'am? Because heaven is a long way from here." "You're so hot you would make the devil sweat." "I must be dancing with the devil, because you're hot as hell."


Zombies "If this bar is a meat market, you must be the prime rib." "Are you as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside?" "Are you a surgeon? Cause you've just took my heart away!"


I hope you enjoyed my selection of cheesy pick up lines. However, I saved the best (I think) for last. Ladies, the next time you see Dracula at the local club, don't be shy--just walk up and ask, "Is that a stake in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" (ba dum bum bum tish)


*FBPI = Federal Bureau of Preternatural Investigation

3 comments:

RK Charron said...

Hi Jeannie!

That was a very fun post.

What an enjoyable way to start the day. I'm still grinning!

Thank you for sharing,

Love & Best Wishes to you & yours,

Rob

Beth Groundwater said...

Great fun, Jeannie! Thanks for giving me my morning laughs. My now-husband used the "Come here often?" line on me in a wry way that made me fall in love with his sense of humor, and later with the whole man.

We first met at a computer conference during the summer, then wound up in a fall graduate software engineering class together. When I saw him sitting at a desk the first day of class, I smiled and headed for the empty desk in front of him. He greeted me with that line, and made me laugh.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

With those lines, either you're going to be consumed by the undead, or you're going to have a good time. Or both.

Loved the last one best (of course).

Thanks, Jeannie!