Monday, May 23, 2011

IN A WORD, NO


Killing Regrets: Have you ever regretted killing a character in a novel or short story?

This could wind up being a very short blog post because the answer to this week’s question is: no. So now what? I think my blogging buds would be rather annoyed if I ended my post at this point, but that’s really all I have to say on the subject. Everyone I’ve killed deserved to be killed, and I have no regrets.

So how about if I answer last week’s question instead? That one asked us to tell five true and five false things about ourselves without revealing which are which. I can do that. Here goes:

1. I can name all of Shakespeare’s plays in alphabetical order.

2. I can play
6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon in 3 degrees.

3. I can speak three languages fluently.

4. I graduated 32
nd in a class of 803.

5. While still in college, I designed a poster for
Sesame Street.

6. I hate peanut butter.

7. I run three miles a day.

8. I’m a
USA Today bestselling author.

9. I own a parrot.

10. I backpacked across Europe.

Now, you figure out which are true and which are false.

When Lois Winston isn’t playing
To Tell the Truth, she writes the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries. ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN is available now, and DEATH BY KILLER MOP DOLL, the second book in the series, will debut in January 2012. Visit Lois at
http://www.loiswinston.com and Anastasia at http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.com

13 comments:

jeff7salter said...

Okay, I'll admit I'm guessing a lot, but here goes:
False answers are numbers 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10.
the remainder are true.
Send my prize by Fed Ex. Ha.
Jeff

Lois Winston said...

You got 1 one right, Jeff. Not saying which one. ;-)

Alan Orloff said...

I think 3,4,5,6, and 10 are true.

Lois Winston said...

Much warmer, Alan, but not totally correct.

Kelli Stanley said...

OK, Lois, here are my picks for the truth:

1, 2, 5, 6, 9

Lois Winston said...

Close but no cigar, Kelli.

Reece said...

Here are the ones I think are true: 2, 5, 6, 8, 10.

Lois Winston said...

Close but no cigar for you, either, Reece.

Karen Cote said...

How about...3, 5, 6, 9 & 10? Great post my friend.

jeff7salter said...

only ONE?
Sheesh.

Lois Winston said...

You got 3 of them, Karen.

Elizabeth said...

How about 1-3-5-9-10. I think these are the TRUTH ones.

Lois Winston said...

You got 3 of them, Elizabeth.