Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sue Ann Tosses the Bull


If you are reading this, it's safe to assume the world did not end yesterday as predicted by all the Doomsdayers. I was really torn over writing this post. You see, I'm writing it several days in advance, so if the world is going to end on Saturday, this post might be the perfect time and place to let loose with some of the deepest and darkest truths of my life. After all, who would know? And I might feel somewhat purged before I enter the Great Void.  Then again, if the world doesn't end before this post goes live, do I really want folks to know THAT about me?

Decisions. Decisions.

Below are 5 lies and 5 truths. Let the BS begin!

1. I have been thrown out of a Denny's for disorderly conduct.
2. I was married once for less than a year.
3. I have performed on stage wearing nothing but a see-through negligee and a red feather boa.
4. I have been arrested more than once.
5. I tried out for one of the first seasons of Survivor.
6. I worked on John McCain's campaign.
7. I once worked in a sewer pipe factory on the production line welding.
8. For my 50th birthday, I gave myself a 24 year old.
9. I've had a boob job.
10. I have published erotica under a pseudonym.

Hopefully, we'll all be here on Sunday and I'll have some explaining to do.

Win a book!  The commenter on the Criminal Minds blog today that gets the most right will win a copy of which ever book of mine they choose, including the upcoming Baited Blood or Gem of a Ghost. In case of a tie or ties, the winner will be picked at random from those with the most correct answers.  Comments must be placed no later than 9pm PT.

33 comments:

Alan Orloff said...

Okay, I'll play.

My guesses for the truth:
1, 3, 5, 7, 10

Laura Hinds said...

1 and 2 and 6 and 8 true. The rest not so much. No matter- you are way cool and I'll stick by you no matter what you did. Geesh- you should see my list.

Elaine said...

My guesses:

1,2,3,7,10

Dru said...

My guess, 1, 2, 6, 4, 8

Jill said...

My guesses are:
TRUE: 1,3,4,6,7
FALSE: 2,5,8,9,10

I'm looking forward to finding out the "truth" :)

Andrea said...

True: 2, 3, 5, 7, 10

GigglesandGuns said...

Here we go: 1, 2, 6, 9, 10

No matter which are true -- you got guts!

Heide said...

My guesses are:
TRUE: 1,2,3,6,10

Reece said...

I'll say these are the true ones: 1, 2, 5, 7, 10.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Ooo...

I'm guessing 2,5,6,8,10

I can see you doing them all though, so I'm prepared to be wrong.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

So far the number of correct answers have been either 2 or 3, with 3 in the lead. I'm also keeping tally on which # is the most popular.

Keep it up folks.

Kim said...

1, 2, 6, 9, and 10 are true.

Wendy said...

my guess is: 2,5,6,7,10

Robert L Davis said...

1. True
2. True
3. False
4. False (you've only been arrested once)
5. False
6. False
7. False
8. True (but a 24 year-old what?)
9. True
10. True

Jamie said...

I am going to go with 1,2,4,5,and 6.

loribell said...

I have an unfair advantage so I won't enter, but I can't wait to see who wins. ;-)

Mark said...

I'm going to guess that 1,2,3,8, and 10 are true. But I am totally guessing here.

There is only one I knew on the list was a lie, but I'm not saying which one.

Marijke said...

Okay I'll play- True= 1,2,5,7,8,10

KristiRose said...

My guesses for the truth: 1, 4, 5, 6, 8

KristiRose said...

I will guess that 1, 4, 5, 6 and 8 are true.

Kelli Stanley said...

Ouch, Sue Ann, you're a toughie!! :) But I'm glad we're getting to read this today, on our brave new post-Rapture blog. :)

I'm going with these as true:

1,2,4,5,10

ElizabethS said...

Lies = 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
therefore truth =1,2, 4, 8, 10???

Stacia said...

Based on a complex algebraic formula, I'm going with 2, 3, 6, 7, and 9 as being true.

Stacia said...

Based on a complex algebraic formula, known only to Harold Camping and myself, I'm going with 2, 3, 6, 7, and 9 as being true.

Michael Wiley said...

All I can say, Sue Ann, is that I want them all to be true.

Stacie said...

My guess for true are 1, 2, 8, 9, 10

Morgan H said...

True's:
1, 2, 5, 7, 10

Diana said...

I know all your secrets, so I'll disqualify myself from the contest. I just wanted to remind you... heh heh heh

Erin said...

Truth: 1, 4, 5, 6 and 10

Whatever your dirty little secrets are, keep writing please =)

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

1. TRUE! A bunch of us went to Denny’s after leaving a bar and got too rowdy.
2. FALSE! I’ve never been married.
3. TRUE! When I was doing standup comedy I had a couple of paid gigs at a private swinger’s club. I thought the negligee set a nice tone for my act.
4. FALSE! I have never been arrested, but there’s still time.
5. FALSE! I wanted to but knew I was too much of a wimp to sleep outside with bugs and snakes.
6. TRUE! I worked in the phone bank on McCain’s first Arizona senatorial campaign.
7. TRUE! It was the summer before I started college.
8. TRUE! And, no, I did not pay for the kid’s services. He’d asked me out a few times and finally I said “Why the hell not? I might not get this chance again.”
9. FALSE! No explanation needed.
10. FALSE! I have written erotica in the past, but never published it.

Contest trivia: #2 got the most votes, with #1 and #10 close on its heels. More people thought I’d been arrested than had a boob job. Is that a good thing or not such a good thing? I’m not sure. 11 people got 3 correct, which was the highest score.

The winner (whose name was drawn from amongst the 11): KristiRose. Kristie, please contact me so we can discuss your prize.

THANKS, EVERYONE, FOR PLAYING!

Meredith Cole said...

What a great quiz Sue Ann! Thanks for telling the truth in the end about your very interesting adventures...

Jill said...

That was fun Sue Ann! Thanks for sharing that info! And just for the record, 1 person (me) got FOUR correct. I'm not looking for a prize - I already have a book signed by the fabulous YOU! :)

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Jill, my bad bookkeeping! You did get 4 out of 5 and the only one to do so! You will also win!