Friday, July 1, 2011

Personality Assessment 101




Gabriella Herkert



Catnapped and Doggone



I like the question this week because it makes me think even deeper into the psychological makeup of Sara. Then I decided I might be scared to go in there (I'm certainly leery about doing this to myself). So I went where everyone who wants an in-depth, scholarly analysis -- the web. I put myself in Sara's skin and did a personality profile answering the questions the way I think she would (which despite what everyone says about how much alike we are, I answered almost none of them the way I would as me).


Sara Townley's personality type: "Spontaneous Idealist"


Enthusiastic (can I get lock picks for Christmas?), idealistic (that creep is going down) and creative (a handy keyboard makes a good head bashing tool). Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills (maybe not this one so much). Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.


Careers that could fit Sara Townley include:


Actors, journalists, writers, musicians, painters, consultants, psychologists, psychiatrists, entrepreneurs, teachers, counselors, politicans, diplomats, television reporters, marketers, scientists, sales representatives, artists, clergy, public relations, social scientists, social workers.


Renowned persons with similar personality types:


Alicia Silverstone, actress and fashion model
Andy Rooney, television writer


Bill Cosby, actor, comedian and activist
Bob Dylan, singer-songwriter and musician
Charles Dickens, English novelist
Martin Short, Canadian actor and comedian
Robin Williams, actor
Samuel Clemens, writer
Sandra Bullock, actress
David "Sinbad" Adkins, actor and comedian


As you can see from the list of careers suited for our heroine, while private investigator isn't mentioned specifically, we do have the nosy reporter, the question asking shrink, the dig out the answers social scientist and the I don't play with others entrepreneurs. From the group of people who match Sara's personality profile we get the cope with danger/play a cop Sandra Bullock (Speed, Murder by Numbers), the I hang with other people up to no-good I Spying Bill Cosby all this and the sarcasm is my religion Andy Rooney, too. She's blending nicely.


To compare yourself, go to http://www.41q.com/


Thanks for reading.


Gabi


P.S.


Congratulations to the terrific Hillary Davidson (The Damage Done) and the ever amazing Kelli Stanley (City of Dragons) on their much deserved Macavity nominations. And don't forget that the fabulous Rebecca Cantrell's latest, A Game of Lies, is out July 5th. She'll be touring in support so check your local bookstore and get yours autographed! Rebecca will be at Seattle Mystery Bookshop on July 13th. I've already ordered mine. I can't wait.














6 comments:

Michael Wiley said...

I like the enthusiasm for lock picks, Gabi. Great post.

Meredith Cole said...

I'm leery of answering those questionaires myself, but it was great fun hearing about Sara's personality assessment.

Congrats Kelli and Hilary! Looking forward to Rebecca's new book, too.

Gabi said...

It's a quirky stocking stuffer but so personal.

Gabi said...

Meredith,
Why leery? You've got a dark streak you can't face? Ooh. Do tell.

Kelli Stanley said...

Wonderful post, Gabs--I'm looking forward to putting Miranda through that test! ;)

Thanks so much for the shout-out (yay, Hilary!!! :) and I can't wait to both buy Beck's new book and see her next week!!

xoxo

Rebecca Cantrell said...

I bet she's fun at parties too!

The fact that you refer to your own responses to the test as "how I would answer them if I were me" is...troubling, but not unexpected...

Thanks for the shout out! And big congrats to Kelli and Hilary! And Jeannie Holmes releases on July 5 too. Big week for 7 crims.