Monday, September 19, 2011

AKA

by Sue Ann Jaffarian

The 7 Criminal Minds up on deck this week must rename 10 classic books.  But here's the catch - we're not supposed to tell you what they are. At least not right away.

So here are my 10 classics, as I see them.  Have fun!  I'll post the answers on Tuesday morning.

1. THEY BURN BOOKS, DON’T THEY
2. PLEASE VOTE ME OFF THE ISLAND
3. THE CUTTING EDGE
4. CONFESSIONS OF A SOUTHERN FRIED HO
5. SIZE MATTERS
6. PIGS OF POWER
7. PARTY LIKE IT’S 1922
8. VACANCY
9. THE BUDDY SYSTEM
10. MAKIN’ A MONKEY OUT OF ME

6 comments:

Rebecca Cantrell said...

I love a guessing game!

1. Fahrenheit 451
2. Lord of the Flies
3. ?? (No idea)
4. Moll Flanders
5. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
6. Animal Farm
7. The Great Gatsby
8. Hotel New Hampshire
9. Bud, Not Buddy
10. Tarzan

How many did I get?

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Rebecca, you got 1, 6 and 7 correct. Although, a lot of my titles would fit your answers.

Meredith Cole said...

I guessed 1) Farrenheit 451 and 6) Animal Farm (before I saw Rebecca's answers!). Hmmm... Let's see, how about 2) Robinson Crusoe 9) Don Quixote and 10) The Jungle Book.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Meredith, you got #1 and #6 correct.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Here are the answers:

1.Fahrenheit 451
2. And Then There Were None
3. A Tale of Two Cities
4. Gone With The Wind
5. Moby Dick
6. Animal Farm
7. The Great Gatsby
8. The Shining
9. The Three Musketeers
10. Inherit the Wind

Gary Phillips said...

Sue Ann,

No. 4's title will be used in the modern remake on the CW. Perfect.