Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Costumes for one and all

If I was really cool and tech savvy I would have little dancing Icons with our heads on them and the costumes we are wearing but - fortunately perhaps - I'm not.

Instead I will treat you to the 7crim version of the Star Wars Saga. I'll start with Becks whom so kindly turned me into an ascot wearing big man on campus - Fred from Scooby Doo. In return I get to dress Becky up as Princess Leia from Star Wars - don't worry Becks I'm not having impure thoughts. You are not the scantilly clad Princess Leia from the Jabba the Hutt scene in Return of the Jedi, but the pure, dressed in white Princess Leia from Episode 4 - which was actually movie 1 - the original. Not sure how we're going to get your hair like that but we'll bring lots of hair spray.

I can just See you confronting our Darth Vader - who would have to be Gary Phillips, partly because he reminds me of James Earl Jones and partly because he writes "tales of chicanery and malfeasance in various permutations..." Now does that not sound like something James Earl Jones would say? FYI - I always thought if they let me cast Black Rain I wanted James Earl Jones to play McCarter. But if we cant afford him we'll be in touch with Gary's agent.

Not long after Becky's capture we meet R2-D2 and C-3PO - I must cast Lois as R2 because her book Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun sounds like something the resourceful little droid might do. I myself will play C-3PO because sometimes he rambles a lot and sometimes just needs to shut up and well... you get the idea.

After Lois and I crash on the planet Tatooine, go our separate ways and get captured by the Jawas, we are soon rescued from oblivion by Joshua Corin Skywalker - young farm boy and flying ace who longs for adventure among the stars. Josh has the boyish charm and I think he can pull off the 1977 Mark Hamill - the dont have barbers on Tatooine - hair.

Eventually Lois runs off - she's like that. Joshua and I go after her in his 57 chevy. We catch her - how she gets over all these rocks and cliffs with the little tiny wheels nobody really knows but she does - we then meet Obi Wan Ke-Stanley - known around here as Kelli - wise in the ways of the force and of DRAGONS and SECRETS.

Kelli teaches Joshua the ways of the force and takes us to LAX - I mean Mos Eisley - a wretched hive of scum and villainy. There we encounter Michael Wiley Solo - researching his next book Striptease in a Space Cantina and trying to get enough money together to pay off his publisher Jabba Imprints. And you thought your publisher was rough.

None of us are actually tall enough to play Chewbacca - not sure anyone wants to be Grand Moff Tarkington - former Vikings quarterback and now in charge of the Death Star and so the rest of you are stormtroopers or Rebel X-wing pilots with those cool Orange visors. Take your pick.

AND IF ANYONE is still reading - Happy Halloween.

15 comments:

Joshua Corin said...

You had me at Joshua Corin Skywalker.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Can I be an ewok? Can I? Can I?

Lois Winston said...

Well, at least I wasn't picked to be R2 because I'm the shortest. ;-)

Michael Wiley said...

Michael Wiley Solo -- now there's a role I can get into. Sorry, but I'm leaving the Gypsy Rose and Shaggy costumes behind.

Graham Brown said...

Josh - I think you should use that as a pen name - once Lucas sues you it will be mountains of publicity.

Graham Brown said...

Sue - absolutely - I forgot about the Ewoks. Yes - you can play the lead Ewok - which for those who don't know is a small but dangerous furry forest creature not a internet version of an ancient chinese cooking device.

Graham Brown said...

No Lois I swear - it was your plucky resourcefulness that got you the role.

Graham Brown said...

Glad to hear it Michael - although Shaggy is a hero of mine too - I'm just waiting for the scooby doo where the van opens and clouds of smoke pour out ala Cheech and Chong.

Graham Brown said...

By the way Sue - your picture works perfectly with your comment - its like a live shot.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

I get to be Princess Leia! Awesome! If I can have the attitude, I will put up with the hairdo.

Help us, Obi-Wan Kelli. You are our only hope.

(And Lois, keep your motivator unit dry!)

Great post, Graham!

Kelli Stanley said...

Cool!! Josh and I get some awesome light sabers!! :) Thanks, G-Man!!

Now, repeat after me: "These aren't the droids you're looking for ..."

May the force be with you, gang .. always!

Melissa Sugar said...

Happy Halloween. I am a new follower. Pleased to be here.

Daisy said...

Nobody gets to be Boba Fett? Come on, somebody has to be Boba Fett.

Meredith Cole said...

Thanks Kelli! Those are some great costume choices. And you'll be happy to hear that my kid was struggling to decide whether to be Darth Vader or Harry Potter. This year he's going with Harry Potter.

Graham Brown said...

Hmm... if were going to add Ewoks we're also destined to add Boba Fett - Daisy I nominate you for the role.