Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fellow Bloggers: Do it for the snacks!




by Rebecca Cantrell


We are a group, so we have to dress up together. It's not easy finding something with a large enough ensemble cast with a mystery theme, but I’ll do my best.
So, drum roll…we are going as The Scooby Doo Gang.

First off, the Doo family:

  • Scooby – Gary Phillips, for his love of donuts, which we know Scooby loves too.
  • Yabba – Reece Hirsch, the brave brother who solves crimes.
  • Scrappy – Josh Corin, the glib youngster of the group.

The Gang:
  • Shaggy – Michael Wiley, because I can see you in that green shirt, and I sense you can do the voice.
  • Velma – I decided to have an evil Velma and good one. Hilary Davidson, you get to be good Velma (you have that brainy science side, we know it) and Meredith Cole, you get to be evil Velma (mostly because Meredith it also techier than she looks, and she also has good Evil Velma boots).
  • Daphne – This one was a gimme. Who is the wild red head of our group? Gabrielle Herkert. But she has to be evil Daphne. If you knew her, you’d understand. If you don’t, you’d never believe me if I told you. Tracy Kiely gets to be good Daphne, because I bet she has a purple mini-skirt someplace and she totally has that hair flip thing down.
  • Fred – Graham Brown. Because he can accessorize, or he'd better learn by our upcoming Top Shelf in Tucson (wooden beaded necklace like Richard Hammond, don’t forget it!)
The Hex Girls is an eco goth band that shows up in a few episodes, which was lucky because I ran out of Scooby Doo main characters. Here are the Hex Girls:
  • Kelli Stanley, because she actually likes to sing.
  • Lois Winston, because she can make cool crafty goth costumes.
  • Sue Ann Jaffarian, she’s a shoo in with all her paranormal and vampire books.
  • Vicki Delany has a gothic side too.
Me? Either I’ll sneak in as an eco-goth roadie, or someone who would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!
Happy Halloween Week!

17 comments:

Meredith Cole said...

What fun! A giant themed costume party. Can't wait to go and hang out with you all. BTW, my kid has a Scooby Doo costume in his closet, if anyone needs to borrow it (although it might be a little, um, small).

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

A Hex Girl! I've never looked so good!

NoraA said...

You will be posting photos of this little outing, won't you?

Your faithful fans and readers will insist on it. Mwa Haa Haaaaa

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Meredith, I'll take that Scooby Do costume! Isn't it great fun to dress them up when they're little? Mine now wants to be a fearsome orc, but I still remember him as an apple. *sigh*

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Sue Ann, you would be an awesome Hex Girl! I bet you even have Hex Girl boots in your closet (or maybe in the haunted bathroom).

Rebecca Cantrell said...

NoraA,

If those photos get taken, we'll post 'em.

At least those of us not forced to dress up as dogs. :)

Janet Rudolph said...

How fun! I'll never look at you guys the same way again :-)

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Thanks, Janet!

Viewing us differently after Halloween is exactly what the holiday is about.

Go, Hex Girls!

Joshua Corin said...

Scrappy Doo?

Scrappy Doo?!

Yeah, OK, I can see that.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Josh, I'm sorry. First off, someone HAD to be Scrappy. And, frankly, you are kinda scrappy.

I promise not to chant "P-p-puppy power!" even once during the costume party.

After, of course, all bets are off.

Lois Winston said...

Cool! I get to make the Goth costumes.

Michael Wiley said...

First I was Gypsy Rose and now I'm Shaggy? I'm not sure if this is getting better or worse. I wonder if I could go as both Gypsy Rose AND Shaggy.

Michael Wiley said...

And by the way, Josh, I don't think you're scrappy; so, if you want to exchange, you can have Shaggy.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Lois: I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Michael: You can totally do a drag version of Shaggy. Just get some sequins...

Graham Brown said...

Brilliant Becky. Fantastic - I always wanted to start wearing a hankerchief around my neck - now I have the excuse too do just that. And since Fred always sends Scooby and Shaggy off to the creapy part of the house and then heads to the grotto with Daphne and Velma - well let's just say I'm loving this post.

Don't worry - I'm sure I can find a square beaded necklace and some surplus wardrobe from the Monkeys before March.

Kelli Stanley said...

Hex Girl, huh? Sounds like fun!! And I can totally picture Michael as Shaggy. :)