Monday, February 27, 2012

It's My Day!


By Reece Hirsch



This week we’re playing “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?”  Here are six clues to a city that I’m very fond of:

1.  I once ran into a bearded man on the sidewalk in this city wearing a full, white bridal gown and veil who was saying to everyone in earshot, “IT’S MY DAY!”

2.  This city has more restaurants per capita than any city in the United States, including Red’s Java House and what may be the best sourdough and cheddar cheeseburger on the planet.

3.  It is a place where visitors must fear the beard.

4.  This city boasts the only pirate supply store that I’m aware of, complete with peg legs, eye patches and lard.

5. There is a plaque somewhere in this city that reads, “On approximately this spot Miles Archer, partner of Sam Spade, was done in by Brigid O’Shaughnessy.”


6.   This city is home to Miranda Corby, a worthy successor to Spade and Archer if ever there was one.

So, where is Carmen Sandiego?  I’ll be the first to admit that you get no points for difficulty for this one.

7 comments:

Michael Wiley said...

There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

A great post, Reece.

Reece said...

Thanks, Michael. A perfect San Francisco day for me is walking down the Embarcadero to a Giant's game on a sunny day and stopping at Red's at Pier 30 for an Anchor Steam and a burger.

lil Gluckstern said...

OHHHH San Francisco, open your Golden Gate....
A perfect day indeed. For me it is the city of dreams....

Reece said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lil. I left my heart there, along with several other vital organs.

Joshua Corin said...

I left my heart there...

Reece said...

Me, too, Josh (see above).

utenzi said...

Clue #5 really gave it away but clue #1 certainly was a strong start.