Monday, February 20, 2012

Seduction of the Moment

I am 10 days away from meeting my deadline for Hide and Seek, my 8th Odelia Grey novel. This is important because the words that would have seduced me two months ago, or even one month ago, mean nothing to me today.

For example, two months ago the words 50% off, sexy, chocolate, beautiful, bonus and free might have made me purr like one of my cats. They wouldn't even have had to been uttered by my all-time film heart throbs, Alan Rickman or Armand Assante. Nope, just hearing those words would have sent my heart to pitter-pattering.

Today the words that would send me into nirvana would be extension (although I'm already on one), time off, and sleep.

But the words that would be the icing on the cake, the roar in my engine, the cabana boy in my dream vacation, would have to be THE END, typed by me at the end of this manuscript.

Trust me, when it happens, it will be earth shaking and orgasmic, even if Alan and Armand are not here to enjoy it with me.

2 comments:

Maureen Hayes said...

Sue Ann,

Good luck! I know you will be so happy to have it done. We will look forward to reading it. Hang in there.

lil Gluckstern said...

Can't be seduced right now, okay. Take care and I'm awaiting your book :)