Friday, April 27, 2012

Edgars, Malice, and more--oh my!

by Meredith Cole

TV? Who has time to watch TV? Today I'm going to be a diva and totally ignore the question because I'm in New York City for the Edgar Awards this week. Squee!

Wednesday night I got to congratulate fellow criminal mind Tracy Kiely on her Mary Higgins Clark nomination. If you haven't read her book, Murder Most Persuasive, yet, do it. It's hilarious. I also got to chat for awhile with Mary Higgins Clark, who is totally charming. And visit with lots of friends like Molly Weston, Rosemary Harris, and Ellen Crosby.

Thursday night was the Edgar banquet. First of all, it's a total thrill to see the mystery community get dressed up. Second, I got to see other wonderful criminal minds who took pity on me when I said I had to blog tomorrow. Thanks y'all!

Hilary Davidson, Me, Michael Wiley

Here are two of my favorite ladies who I grabbed for a quick photo op. Molly was in town to accept the Raven (which is given to great friends of the genre). I was treated to some wonderful Southern hospitality by Molly when I went to North Carolina on the Unarmed and Dangerous tour.
Me, Molly Weston, Rosemary Harris
And last, but not least, I got my photo taken with Lee Child, because who wouldn't want their picture taken with such a charming guy?

Me, Lee Child, Dana Kaye Litoff
So that's my Edgar week. Hope you enjoyed the photos!

9 comments:

Dru said...

Thanks for sharing

Meredith Cole said...

Thanks for dropping by Dru! Looking forward to seeing you at Malice on Saturday.

Hilary Davidson said...

It was wonderful to see you at the Edgars, Meredith! I love all of the shots, but especially the one of our Criminal Minds meetup with Michael.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Great pictures!

Rebecca Cantrell said...

Great shots! Thanks for letting the rest of experience the Edgars vicariously.

And another congratulatory shout-out to Mary Higgins Clark nominee and fellow 7criminalmind: Tracy Kiely!!!

Reece said...

Thanks for sharing, Meredith. And I'll second Becky's congtratulations to Tracy Kiely for the Mary Higgins Clark nomination!

Meredith Cole said...

Wish you all could have been there! We have to do a bigger criminal mind meet-up someday soon...

Joshua Corin said...

Great pictures, Meredith! Thank you for sharing.

Michael Wiley said...

Great to be there with you, Meredith.