Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The one way I really don't want to die...

Here's my thoughts on this. Since I don't want to consider the circumstances of my possible demise (until proved otherwise I'm telling myself I'm immortal - It's a pretty cool game since if you turn out to be wrong you'll never even know about it - unless there is life after death in which case I would know but technically I'd still be alive and thus actually still correct in my thesis)

The truth is I think about living a lot more than dying - so my list goes like this.

I don't want to die having been unsuccessful.

I don't want to die not having mattered or made this world a better place.

I don't want to die without having pushed the limits of everything I can do. Not all the time mind you but when its called for.

I don't want to die with dreams I never attempted to fulfill.

I don't want to die thinking I should have had more fun.

I don't want to die fearing anything.

I don't want to die regretting anything.

I don't want to die thinking I could have done better at the things that matter.

I don't want to die for a very long time.

Basically, I want to live as long as I can and as much as I can. And if that moment ever comes, be satisfied with what I've done.

4 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

I thought you were going to say drowning...

However, I agree with you. The last few moments don't matter as much as what comes in the years before it.

Stacy Green said...

Loved this post. It's something I've come to understand since I turned 30. Living with regret stinks, and I'm doing everything I can to change that.

Stacy

Reece said...

Well said, Graham!

Maureen Hayes said...

In general I haven't enjoyed this series on dying, but I LOVED your post. I thought it was very insightful and made me think about the way I am living my own life and what I want to accomplish before my time here ends. Thanks for giving me good food for thought!