Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's All Good

By Hilary Davidson

This week, I'm supposed to reveal all about crime-writing conferences. The good? I've got plenty to say about that. The bad? Well, I'm sad when they end. The ugly? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't even tell you how much I've gotten out of conferences like Bouchercon over the past couple of years. These events introduce me to new people, solidify friendships first formed online, and give me a chance to hang out with cool people who love books as much as I do.

Maybe I can't tell you how much I love crime conferences, but I can show you. Some great moments from conferences I've attended:

Murder & Mayhem in Muskego 2011
Bouchercon 2010
Bouchercon 2011
ThrillerFest 2011
ThrillerFest 2010
Bouchercon 2010
Bouchercon 2010
Bouchercon 2010
Bouchercon 2010 
Noircon 2010
Noircon 2010 
Bloody Words 2011
Noircon 2010
Bouchercon 2011
Bouchercon 2011
Bouchercon 2011
Bouchercon 2011
Bouchercon 2011 
Left Coast Crime 2012
Left Coast Crime 2012
QuebeCrime 2011
Bouchercon 2011
Bouchercon 2011
Left Coast Crime 2012
Bouchercon 2011

10 comments:

Meredith Cole said...

Love the photos, Hilary! I love conferences, too. But more about that on Friday...

Hilary Davidson said...

Thanks, Meredith! My love of conferences knows no bounds. It's such a wonderful way for connecting with other writers and readers, and it's pure fun. Just wish I had a photo of us at a conference to add to this piece!

Steve Weddle said...

good grief, that brad parks is everywhere

Hilary Davidson said...

The challenge with pulling together photos for this post: finding shots that DON'T include Parks.

Brad Parks said...

I love the one of Weddle looking like a noir leprechaun. Anything else he says about me is sheer jealousy.

Howard Sherman said...

Every picture made me smile. Thrillerfest is in my owm backyard so I really have no reason not to attend at LEAST that one.

That aside - I've been meaning to attend Bouchercon for years. Time for me to make time for more good times.

Thanks for sharing!

Hilary Davidson said...

Brad, I can't believe you called the esteemed Mr. Weddle a noir leprechaun. Now he'll never share his pot o' gold with you!

Howard, thanks so much for stopping by and for your great comment. I hope you'll be able to make it to Bouchercon this year!

Steve Weddle said...

Parks said I was a leprechaun and jealous? Like green with jealousy? Because leprechaun. Haha. That's funny.

I keep telling people there's more to this guy than teeth and blazers.

Brad Parks said...

Oh, come now, Weddle. Everyone knows I lack substance and character...

Hilary Davidson said...

You two are hilarious. I'm going to suggest a Weddle-Parks cage match for Bouchercon 2012. Another reason to go to a conference!