Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Killer Dish

by Alan

What am I bringing to the Criminal Minds Summer Pot Luck Party?

Fellow bloggers, you’re in for a tasty treat.

Being a crime writer, I immediately thought of bringing “mystery” meat. Or maybe a rare, bloody steak. But I don’t really eat much meat, so I think I’ll bring a vegetarian dish.

Of my own creation.

Here’s the recipe, for those of you who won’t be able to make the Pot Luck Party:

KILLER TOFU

Ingredients

One small onion, dicedtofu artists rendering
One pound block of extra firm tofu, diced
Half pound of frozen corn kernels, give or take.
Green or red pepper, diced, optional
A few tablespoons chopped or minced garlic. Or not.
Oil

Ketchup
Mustard
BBQ sauce
Hot sauce

Heat 2 Tbs oil in wok or large skillet. Stir-fry onion (and pepper, if you’re using it) on high heat for about 2 minutes. Add tofu, and stir-fry another minute. Add corn. Dump in mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce, to taste, stirring well. Cook until everything’s nice and hot, about 5 more minutes.

Serve over rice or noodles. If the thought of eating a vegetarian meal unnerves you, toss in some leftover cooked chicken or shrimp.

The best thing about this dish? Not everybody likes tofu, so there’s more for me!

See you at the party! And don’t forget the sunscreen!

5 comments:

Gary Phillips said...

Alan,

When my kids were small they watched this cartoon about a high school student called Doug. He was in a band and their best song was Killer Tofu. Ha.

Meredith Cole said...

Yum! I love tofu, so I'm not going to let you eat it all Alan... Love the artist's rendering, BTW.

Reece said...

Put me down for a serving, Alan. And I agree with Meredith -- nice artist's rendering!

Alan Orloff said...

Gary - Wow. They named a song after my creation!

Meredith and Reece - Tofu lovers unite! And if this writing thing doesn't work out, I always have my artwork to fall back on.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Sorry, Alan, I gotta go with Gary's Q. Although I do like to cook with tofu noodles from time to time.