Monday, October 29, 2012

So Many Male Characters, So Little Time

Be Still My Heart.
Thinking about which fictional character I would most like to have a fling with brought a warm, sweet smile to my face.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  It actually brought a big shit-eating grin to my face.

With such a wealth of male sleuths out there from all corners of the world and serving in all kinds of professional and amateur capacities, you'd think it would be a difficult choice. Not for me.

A lot of ladies would immediately zero in on Lee Child's Jack Reacher or Charlaine Harris' Eric Northman, and those would be excellent picks. But when I considered the question, there was only one answer I could honestly give:  JESSE STONE. Maybe it's my New England heritage weighing in.

I love Robert B. Parker books, but am absolutely in love with the complicated and tragic character of Jesse Stone. And when they made them into TV movies, I jumped for joy and the airing of each finds me on my sofa slurping them up like fine wine.

And it certainly didn't hurt that they cast the always hunky Tom Selleck as Jesse.

My. Oh. My. Oh. My.

1 comment:

IYamVixen2 said...

I have loved Tom Selleck since watching my first episode of Magnum. He has made the character of Jesse Stone absolutely more real and I see Tom's face when I listen to the series on BOCD.
I think Jack Reacher would be too much of a challenge for me. Eric Northman is awesome to envisions, but still a challenge.
I have a crush on Judge Whit Mosely in Jeff Abbott's series as well as Win in the Myron Bolitar series by Harlen Coben.