Tuesday, December 11, 2012

An Unusual Dilemma

By Vicki Delany

What do I do when the story/characters/etc. bring me to a spot where I can go one way or another and both are great twists? How do I choose?

As if that ever happens.  It would be wonderful if it did. I can’t say I’ve ever been faced with two excellent plot twists. More often I’m not faced with one.

I usually have a rough idea of where I am going before I begin the new book, i.e. who done what to, and sometimes if anyone actually did anything to anyone, but the twists and turns have to present themselves as I go along. And it can be rather frightening when they do not present themselves promptly as required.

So, if any of my fellow 7 Criminal Minds is ever in the situation described above, where one of your great plot twists has to go – send it my way.

Merry Christmas

I won’t be back until the new year, so let me take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.


Oh, by the way, if you like reading Christmas stories at this time of year, I’d like to make a suggestion. The third book in my Constable Molly Smith series, Winter of Secrets, begins on Christmas Eve and ends on New Years Day. Turkey is eaten, egg nog is drunk, snow falls, Molly Smith goes skiing, families fight and a young man is killed in a tragic accident when his car goes off the road into the frozen river.  But sometimes an accident isn’t as it first appears. Click here to have a look

Winter of Secrets is currently only .99 for your Kindle or other e-reader. 

Merry Christmas! 

3 comments:

Reece said...

I'm afraid I don't have any spare plot twists lying around. However, if you're ever looking for a redundant character or a chapter that doesn't advance the plot, I'm your man. Merry Christmas, Vicki!

Catriona McPherson said...

I love wintry books over the Christmas hols - Neil is tasked every year with finding a "waxy covered snow book" i.e. got to be a trade paperback with that semi-matt semi-gloss jacket finish - for my stocking. High maintenance? I don't follow you . . . (I'll pass this title on.)

Vicki Delany said...

Caitriona, Have I got the book for you! The title as mentioned fits the description perfectly. Even a snowy scene on the cover.