Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Week to Go!

By Hilary Davidson

I know there's a question of the week, but right now, my brain is divided between two tasks: making revisions to a new novel (my first standalone), and gearing up for the release of Evil in All Its Disguises on March 5th. It's pretty much impossible right now for me to think about anything else. My brain just isn't big enough.

Reviews are starting to come in for Evil, and they're enthusiastic. (Oh, would you like to read them? Click here.) Thanks to my phenomenal Forge publicist, Aisha Cloud, I have my biggest tour ever planned. I get to return to some wonderful stores I love (BookPeople in Austin, Murder by the Book in Houston, the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, the Tattered Cover in Denver, Ben McNally Books in Toronto, Book Revue on Long Island), and I get to visit a lot of new-to-me booksellers (Mystery One in Milwaukee, Once Upon a Crime in Minneapolis, Book Cellar in Chicago, Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach in LA, Book 'Em in Pasadena). New York's wonderful Mysterious Bookshop is once again hosting my launch party (March 5th at 6pm; if you're in NYC, please come!). I'll also be at the Tucson Festival of Books and at Left Coast Crime. Full tour details are on my site. (And, um, if you want to pre-order the book, scroll to the bottom of this page. All of the stores I'm appearing at take pre-orders, and they can hook you up with a signed copy.)

Today's the last day that my debut novel, The Damage Done, will be on sale for $2.99. If you want to start with the first book in the series, grab it now. (Preferably from the iBookstore — they've been incredibly supportive of my work.) My second mystery, The Next One to Fall, came out in paperback earlier this month. I'm a big fan of paperbacks myself, so I hope that will help it reach a wider audience.

This is an incredibly exciting time for me. My acknowledgments in Evil in All Its Disguises are longer than ever, and there's good reason for that. I have a lot of people to thank. Hopefully, I'll see some of you on tour, so I can express my gratitude in person, too.

PS I'm giving away my last ARC of Evil in All Its Disguises on the blog today. Want to enter? All you have to do is comment on this post. (You'll also need a mailing address in the US or Canada.) The draw will be just before midnight Eastern tonight!

11 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats, Hilary. I hope the book launch kicks ass!

(Oh, and no giving me the ARC; Katrina already has one, after all, and my preordered finished copy should be on its way shortly.)

Kent Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kent Peterson said...

Your book is being released on my birthday. It looks very cool. I hope you sell a zillion copies.

bnagel1976 said...

I would love a copy! The Damage Done was amazing! Thanks, Brandon @bnagel1976 (twitter)

Josh said...

Congratulations Hilary! I can't wait to read Evil. Good luck!

Stefanie said...

I read your first two books and loved them!

lil Gluckstern said...

I am looking forward to your book. I love traveling with Lily.

Lil Gluckstern
1001 Main Street #105 N
Half Moon Bay, CA. 94019

Linda said...

Would love to get a copy @lindaronn

Liz said...

Best wish on release of Evil in All Its Disguises.

Thank you for the giveaway.

Chris said...

I just read Damage Done and can't wait to read more of your books!

Hilary Davidson said...

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes! And congratulations to Linda Arterberry, who won the ARC! Linda, if you send your mailing address to hilary@hilarydavidson.com, I'll put that in the mail tomorrow.