Friday, December 20, 2013

Thanks For The Memories

By Sue Ann Jaffarian


Today is my last official post here at Criminal Minds. My first post was on November 21, 2010 and was called Going With My Gut on the topic of book covers.

I want to thank you all, bloggers and readers, for welcoming me, especially Kelly Stanley who invited me to join the crew. It has been a blast and I will miss it, but it's time to move on and explore new possibilities.

For the time being, my blogging will be limited to my personal blog - BABBLE 'n BLOG - which has suffered since I started with CM, and to whatever guest posts present themselves.

Just Released
I'll be writing, continuing to churn out books at a fairly fast pace. It's what I do and I need to focus more on that considering the books on the horizon yet to be penned. I just had a book released and I have two others being released in early spring, and two novels due to publishers in 2014. So have no worries, I won't be lazing about.

Speaking of which, this is the first time in years when I don't have a book due the first of January. I'm almost giddy from not having a deadline looming over my holidays like a Grinch.  I really get to go to all the parties? I can actually go on vacation in December and NOT write unless I want to?  I can get drunk on New Year's Eve instead of proofreading a manuscript?  The mind staggers at the possibilities!

Thanks for the memories, ghosts of Criminal Minds past, present, and even future. I have loved being a part of this wonderful blog.

Speaking of ghosts of Criminal Minds future, my Friday spot will not remain empty. Beginning in January, my good friend and Shamus winning author Paul Marks will be taking my place. Please give him a warm welcome, and a bit of shit from time-to-time.



Coming out in 2014!



9 comments:

Chris said...

Sue Ann, it's been a pleasure reading your posts. Welcome to the cabal that is the CM alum, lurking like Star Wars force-ghosts at the periphery...

Meredith Cole said...

We will miss you, Sue Ann! Hope you have a wonderful revision-free holiday...

Catriona McPherson said...

Oh, how I'm going to miss you and your peppery take on life, Sue Ann. Hey - except you'll be there on Facebook at the helm of the SAJ fanclub page and your blog and I for one am inviting you back here any chance I get. Happy Sword-of-Damacles-free hols, Cx

Alan Orloff said...

We'll miss you, Sue Ann. And I owe you a special thanks, for inviting me to join the blog. Trust me, anyone who knows you, knows that you NEVER laze around! Best of luck with all your upcoming projects!

Susan Courtright said...

A holiday welcome and greetings to the wonderful ghosts-and your re-writeless (is that a word?) Holiday! You deserve it my friend. Will miss you here but will access your blog to receive that magical kick-in-the-butt! Write on!

Susan C Shea said...

You rock, Sue! Come and visit anytime, please, please!

Cafe Noir said...

Sorry to see you go, Sue Ann. But I'm honored to take your place. You'll be a hard act to follow, but I'll do my best. -- Paul / Paul D. Marks

Cafe Noir said...

Hey Sue Ann, I missed the bit about giving me some shit from time to time. Okay, I can take it...and I can dish it! -- Paul

Clare O'Donohue said...

we'll miss you Sue Ann! It's been fun reading your entries. But I am impressed by how much you have coming out in 2014. I'm inspired!