Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How well do you know your settings?

By R.J. Harlick

I hope you had a great holiday. I’m playing hooky today. Instead of answering the question, I thought I would test your criminal minds with a quiz. I don’t know about you, but one of the reasons I enjoy reading mysteries is I get to travel to some pretty interesting places. Name a favourite location and it’s likely you’ll discover that someone has set their mystery there. 

Today’s quiz is testing your knowledge of these settings. Match the place with the series and with the author. Easy, eh? I’ll post the answers tonight at 10:00 EDT. 

Places
  1. Los Angeles
  2. Tibet
  3. Yorkshire, England
  4. British Columbia
  5. Scotland
  6. Florida
  7. Ottawa, Canada
  8. South Africa
  9. Venice
  10. Sweden
Series
  1. Inspector Banks
  2. Travis McGee
  3. Constable Molly Smith
  4. Commissario Brunetti
  5. Inspector Green
  6. Detective Harry Bosch
  7. Detective Inspector Benny Griessel
  8. Dandy Gilver
  9. Detective Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck
  10. Inspector Shan
Authors

  1. John D. MacDonald
  2. Camilla Lackberg
  3. Barbara Fradkin
  4. Donna Leon
  5. Eliott Patterson
  6. Michael Connelly
  7. Catriona McPherson
  8. Vicki Delany
  9. Deon Meyer
  10. Peter Robinson

No comments: