By Tracy Kiely
I am a sucker for making resolutions. They are just so adorable with their sweet promise of hope and their alluring scent of a cleaner, happier, fitter life. I like them so much, in fact, that I don’t limit myself to the traditional New Year’s variety. I also am partial to the Back to School Season Resolutions, the Spring Cleaning Resolutions, and Holy Crap Swimsuit Season is Around the Corner Resolutions, and finally, the Sunday Morning/Never Again Resolution.
I think one of the reasons I make so many resolutions is because I’ve never actually fulfilled one.
Not. A. One.
But, that hasn’t deterred me. Not a bit. After all, the odds are that one of these days at least one of them will stick. I mean, the House can’t always win, right?
So, yes. I have resolutions. Here is a sampling of a few that are on the list for 2016.
- I will drink 10 glasses of water a day. I will not be happy until my pee is translucent.
- I will get up at 6 am everyday and organize my day.
- I will write 2,000 words a day on my book (italics added to prevent me from counting words scribbled on a grocery list, emails, and online orders).
- I will be better about using social media – in that I will actually check my Facebook page more than once every six months.
- I will figure out the difference between Snapchat and Instragram.
- I will walk both of my oversized golden retrievers one hour each day, without looking like a YouTube video waiting to go viral.
|My pups with my oldest. I believe he posted this picture on his Snapchat. Or Instagram. Or Facebook.|
- I will create a file of friends’ addresses so I can print labels at Christmas (this is a special one to me, as it’s been on the list for ten years – congratulations!).
- I will try to understand publishing trends and why the hell cats on covers of mysteries sell like friggin’ hotcakes.
|I just posted this, and it's already Number 1 on Amazon.|
- I will find out what the hell hotcakes are.
- I will stop cursing so damn much.
- I will read more books (again, italics added to prevent counting People Magazine in waiting rooms, BuzzFeed, and forwarded emails).
- I will stop assuming that Trump will finally say/do something so outrageous that he will be forced to drop his presidential bid.
|It's just a matter of time.|
- I will learn how to use Google calendar and then actually use it.
- I will be kind to myself when I blow each and every one of these resolutions.
Happy New Year!