Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Still in Holiday Mode

By R.J. Harlick

Ah...I'm afraid I had too relaxing a holiday weekend. The weather was too perfect to tie myself to a computer. My mind was floating up on a cloud somewhere. I'm sorry to say writing a blog was not at the top of my priority list...and well...I forgot...

But I did rouse myself enough to come up with some films I have enjoyed based on books that I enjoyed.

Loved the movie because I'm a romantic and it brought back memories of my own fabulous trip to Kenya.  Isak Dinesen's memoirs upon which the movie was based was equally intriguing.




















Wept when I read Gone with the Wind as a teenager and wept when I saw the movie.



I'm not sure how many times I have read the trilogy plus The Hobbit, but I felt this movie adaptation did a good job of reflecting the world J.R.R. Tolkien created.

 











Since this is a blog for crime fiction I mustn't forget the Stieg Larssons books and their movie adaptations.  I saw the Swedish versions of the first two book adaptations, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire and plan to see the third film, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.












And now back to enjoying the last minutes of my holiday. I hope you had an enjoyable holiday weekend too.

What about you? What movies based on books have you enjoyed?

2 comments:

Paul D. Marks said...

Gone with the Wind was my mom's favorite movie and book. It always makes me think of her.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday, Robin.

Art Taylor said...

I know what you mean about holiday weekend sluggishness.... Both my wife and I had trouble staying focused last night on getting stuff together for the week ahead! But enjoyed the post here and your picks... though I'll admit I never had the patience for those LOTR adaptations.....
Art