Monday, October 31, 2016

Taking a bow and exiting screen left

It was just about 6 years ago that I got an email from Kelli Stanley asking if I'd like to join the 7 Criminal Minds blog. My time on the Debutante Ball had just ended, and it seemed like a perfect next step for me. A way to ensure that I kept blogging and promoting my mystery novels. Back then, the rest of the crew on the blog consisted of Jeanne Holmes, Gabriella Herkert, Kelli Stanley, Sophie Littlefield, Shane Gericke, Rebecca Cantrell, Michael Wiley, Tim Maleeny, CJ Lyons, Joshua Corin, Graham Brown, and Bill Cameron. Am I missing someone in there? Probably.

One by one, each of those original writers moved on and other fabulous writers took their places. And I had fun blogging with each and every one. Through all the changes, one thing always remained constant. The quality of the writing and the fellowship among all of us here. When I've met other "Minds" at conferences for the first time, I've felt like I already knew them. And that has been wonderful.

These past few years I've really struggled with finding quality time to write. Between family, work, house, etc., there doesn't seem enough hours in the day to do everything I want and need to do. And find the time to finish my book. Something had to give.

So now it's time for me to move on from the blog as well and give another writer a chance to blog with this fun group. Happily we've found one that we know our fans will love: Terry Shames. She'll be starting in two weeks, and I know she'll be a great addition to the blog as it continues for (I hope) many years to come!

From now on, you can find me at my website. And, someday soon when I get that book done, I hope to come back here to promote it. As we always say, once a Criminal Mind, always a Criminal Mind!



9 comments:

RJ Harlick said...

I'm going to miss you, Meredith. You paved the way for me. When I was struggling with my answer to the weekly question , I'd check your blog and invariably come away with an idea or two. Good luck with your writing.

Meredith Cole said...

Thank you, RJ! It's been great blogging with you! Hoping to get up to Canada one of these days (Bouchercon?) and having a chance to meet you...

Art Taylor said...

We're going to miss you, Meredith. Even as I'm moving on myself, I'm still looking forward to following everyone's posts, and have always enjoyed yours, of course! Best wishes for writing and more ahead. :-)

Kristopher said...

I will miss getting the chance to check in with you occasionally, Meredith. Best of luck!

Alan Orloff said...

It's been great blogging with you Meredith! Good luck with your writing, as well as with everything else!

RM Greenaway said...

Good luck with your writing Meredith. Hopefully will see you at Bouchercon 2017!

Meredith Cole said...

Thanks so much!!! It's been great to get to know all of you "virtually"! I promise not to disappear completely (well, at least to come up for air again soon once my book is done).

Paul D. Marks said...

I echo what everyone's said, will miss you, Meredith, and your lead off of the week. Good luck with your writing and everything else and I hope we'll stay in touch.

P

Terry Shames said...

Checking in to say I'm glad to come aboard. Meredith is leaving some big shoes to fill--wait, that doesn't sound exactly right. You know what I mean. Sorry to see Meredith go, and looking forward to having conversations with the rest of you.