Thursday, December 15, 2016

It’s the Thought That Counts

by Alan

We're getting to the panic-buying days. And nothing makes a better present than a book, right? What book would you most like as a gift? Tell us, and you can share this post with "someone" who needs to know!

When I was a kid, I wasn’t wild about getting books as gifts. Now that I’m an adult older kid, I love it! For those who might want to get me a little somethin-somethin, here are some thoughts:

I’ve never read this (please don’t hate me):

David Copperfield

Or this:

Moby Dick

 

Or this, either:

Pride and Prejudice

Of course, there’s a reason I haven’t read these books (too difficult for my feeble mind to understand all that old-timey English). This might be easier:

Cliffs Notes Copperfield

Or better yet (I like board books!):

moby dick kids

Self-improvement books are usually a good idea. If results were guaranteed:

Round Ball Straight

Or maybe:

IQ Book

Here’s a book I don’t need anymore:

How to Swim

Maybe this one, to relieve stress:

Adult coloring book

I like cookbooks, but, please, not this one. Doesn’t look too appetizing.

Cooking with Pooh

 

And on that note, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

3 comments:

Art Taylor said...

A great list here! And that's the edition of Moby-Dick that taught Dash the story--and folks seemed impressed. We can pass it along if you want it! ;-)

RJ Harlick said...

A smile. Don't know how to post an emoji, so the words will have to do. Fun post, Alan.

RM Greenaway said...

Thank you for the suggestions Alan. BTW, my son likes to cook, so I asked if he wants Cooking with Pooh. For some reason he just laughed.