Monday, July 18, 2016

A Gemini Tackles the Big Issues

Q: Which would you choose? Fame or fortune?



-from Susan, who is a Gemini and therefore unable or unwilling to choose


A:                    Artificial dichotomy.

A#2:                Why do I have to choose?

A#3:                Define ‘fame’ for this mid-list author.


        Fame = Someone - one person - told me I looked a little like Princess Diana



A#4:                Can fortune be defined as enough money to live on until I die?


A fortune is in the eyes of the beholder....


A#5:                I notice the conditional in the question, which suggests the questioner doesn’t think I’m likely to have to make this decision.


A#6:                Let me go back to daydreaming I could make a fortune by becoming an author famous for my French village mysteries, debuting in 2017. A girl can dream, can’t she?

6 comments:

Meredith Cole said...

I hope you got permission to use that photo of Princess Diana, Susan! ;-)

Art Taylor said...

I enjoyed your post here! Tackled the question bit by bit from a variety of angles—and I particularly loved that you noted the conditional here!

Unknown said...

Perfect :)

Susan C Shea said...

Meredith, truth is I'm so afraid of getting busted for using a photo I grab from the Internet that I was desperate to find something!

Art, ah yes, the conditional tense. It disturbed me.

RM, you like prevarication, I see... :-)

Cathy Ace said...

Am finding this one hard to write about....thanks for this :-) I look forward to reading Rachel's response tomorrow

RJ Harlick said...

Everyone can dream. Fame and fortune, here you come with your new French series.