Monday, June 3, 2019

The Launch By Brenda Chapman

What one thing do you wish you could write off against tax, that you (legally) can't. Make your case.

Good Monday morning. I must confess that I haven't come up with a tax write off idea for a couple of reasons. The first is that in Canada, we can write off almost anything to do with writing, including magazines and books, trips and conferences.

The second reason for my lack of a good argument is that I spent the weekend getting ready for the Ottawa launch of Turning Secrets, my latest book in the Stonechild and Rouleau police procedural series and then partying with friends. The event took place yesterday afternoon at a pub on Elgin Street called The Cross. The Haughian Brothers Band entertained the crowd with a break for a short reading. My daughter Lisa Weagle introduced me and did a fabulous job. Rather than me prattling on, here are a few photos of the event taken by my friend Fred Taylor. I'm off to find another cup of coffee :-) 














4 comments:

Dietrich Kalteis said...

Now that's the way to do a book launch, Brenda — live music and everything. Best of luck with Turning Secrets.

Brenda Chapman said...

Thanks Dietrich! Yes, a pub is a great spot to launch a book.

Frank Zafiro said...

What a terrible excuse, Brenda! I mean, whattaya doing, putting books out there in the world? For people to read? And having fun at a pub? With friends?

Where are your priorities?

Tax talk is waaaaaay more important, and far more interesting than a stellar book launch. That looked really fun. And made me miss Canada.

Way more....important....than....aw, sheez. I can't keep up the fake tirade any longer.

Congratulations on the new book -- great title, by the way -- and way to set the bar high for what a book release can look like!

Brenda Chapman said...

You make me laugh :-). Thanks Frank.