Wednesday, September 27, 2023

I've got nothing...but there is news!! by Cathy Ace

Have you had success taking an old, perhaps previously abandoned, manuscript and breathed in new life before selling it?

Sorry, but the honest response to this question is: no. Which is a bit of a short answer.

So I’ll explain why…

I don’t write anything at all unless I know the whole story/book will work. I am an “in my head” plotter, so I know the entire story – or have seen the whole film – in my head before I even start to make notes…which means that there aren’t any discarded notes for books in my life, let alone entire manuscripts sitting in a drawer somewhere.

I hope that doesn’t sound pompous, though I fear it might.

What it really means is that I am a lazy writer – in that I don’t write until I KNOW it will work. I cannot bear the thought of “wasted” writing. It’s a product of being a plotter rather than being a “pantster”/”pantser” (you know, I’m one of those people who plot, plot, plot, rather than “writing by the seat of my pants”…never knowing where a story will go). I honestly cannot fathom how anyone writes anything at all without knowing the entire story…though I admire those who can do that.

Nope – for me there’s an outline, a chapter by chapter break-down, then the first draft…then, of course, the editing.

So, no…I have no tales of rediscovered anythings. Sorry, but there it is – a short post this week!

HOWEVER...MY 13TH CAIT MORGAN MYSTERY WILL BE PUBLISHED ON 13TH NOVEMBER - SO THERE'S THAT! CHECK OUT FULL DETAILS AT MY WEBSITE, NOW: https://www.cathyace.com/cait-morgan-mysteries



Want to find out how every manuscript I’ve ever produced worked out? Check out the list of my published works at my website: https://www.cathyace.com/



 

1 comment:

Susan C Shea said...

Wow, that is an attention-getting title! Best of luck with the newest book.