Sunday, November 26, 2023

On My Reading List

It’s the time of year when family commitments begin to ramp up, AND a huge number of books are published, just in time for the gift-giving season. How will this affect your reading, and what’s on your To Be Read pile at the moment?

Brenda starting off the week.

I have a couple of books waiting to be read. 

First up is Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann. My book club selected this novel for our meeting at the end of the month with plans to see the movie afterwards. The book is non-fiction and deals with the murders of the Osage people in the U.S. and the birth of the FBI under Hoover.

I also downloaded Adrian McKinty's latest The Detective Up Late, and am excited to dig into this lated Sean Duffy story. If you haven't picked up the series yet, start with In the Cold, Cold Ground -- such a great read!

I'm currently reading a manuscript with a view to giving a recommendation.

Other than these few books, I haven't any others on my list. But I know that I'll be doing some reading over the Christmas holidays. I usually make a few requests since my husband has no idea what I've read already. I've yet to have a look at the latest releases, but will in the next few weeks. I love getting books under the tree.

When my daughters were young, I'd always choose a book to put in their Christmas stocking. My daughter Julia has asked for books again this year, and this pleases me a great deal. Both girls are readers and I'm so happy they have this pleasure in their lives.

Spread the joy and give the gift of books this holiday season. Support your local independent bookshop and help to keep these valuable resources in our communities. 


Website: www.brendachapman.ca

Facebook & Instagram: BrendaChapmanAuthor

Twitter: brendaAchapman



No comments: