Sunday, April 28, 2024

Getting Down to Business

As far as the business side of your own writing, what are you looking forward to in the near future?

Brenda here.

The business side of writing is an ongoing challenge. My latest release Fatal Harvest hit the shelves April 15 with the launch at Perfect Books in Ottawa this Wednesday, May 1st. I've got several bookstore signings lined up through May and June. I've also accepted invitations to appear at events around the city. If you live in or near Ottawa, all my public events are updated on the main page of my website.

It would be great to do signings and events outside my city, and I'm hoping some invitations come my way over the summer. Book clubs are also welcome to contact me for author visits. For those far away, I can pop in via Zoom.

Social media is also part of what I consider the business end of writing. It's a way to keep books in the public eye and to broadcast upcoming events as well as to extend my reach. It takes up time to post and keep everything updated, but it would be so much harder to interact with readers without these avenues.

I'm currently deeply into writing book four in the Hunter and Tate series and plan to have the first draft completed by the end of May. While the editing will take up most of the summer, I'll also begin writing book eight in my Stonechild and Rouleau series, requested by my publisher Dundurn. These two projects will take up a lot of my time and energy. I have to admit that I'd rather be writing than working on publicity and marketing, although I look forward to meeting readers throughout the spring.

So lots going on business- and writing-wise. No moss growing on this writer!

Website: www.brendachapman.ca

Instagram, Threads & Facebook: BrendaChapmanAuthor

Twitter: brendaAchapman

2 comments:

Susan C Shea said...

You are a busy, productive author! I like the review in your promo piece - a strong positive!

Brenda Chapman said...

Thanks Susan!